- This project helps to resolve PJM requirements as identified in 2014-15 PJM RTEP Market Efficiency Study and is required for BGE to meet its obligations under the Operating Agreement with PJM
- This project resolves transmission system congestion and reduces associated congestion costs in the PJM market, thus providing economic benefit to BGE customers
- This project is a part of a larger PJM Project that was previously approved by PJM. This portion of the project is related to facilities in BGE’s service territory, specifically the Graceton Substation and a new transmission line connecting it to the Furnace Run Substation
- Construct a new 115 kV circuit from BGE’s Graceton Substation to the Maryland state line
- Modify BGE’s Graceton substations to install the additional circuit
- Relocate the Graceton-Cooper circuit 22093 entrance into BGE’s Graceton Substation
- Overall project length is approximately 2 miles
- This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes
Begin Design and Engineering
Complete Design and Engineering
Project Service Date
View from Wheeler School Road looking north. This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes.
Viewpoint Location Map
Construction sequence graphics are intended to provide an overview of the typical construction sequence for a project. These graphics are used to give stakeholders a general idea of what to expect regarding this project’s construction process and effort. This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes.