Harford to Perryman
115 kV Line Reconductoring
Miles of Line
- Both transmission lines are wood H-frame construction with poles dating back to the 1950s. Nearly every structure has significant corrective maintenance/aging infrastructure concerns (degraded pole shafts, arms and tops; bird holes, degraded hardware etc.)
- Installing self-supporting steel poles will significantly reduce the quantity of future corrective maintenance work orders as a result of bird holes, broken arms, degraded poles and hardware)
- Replacing wood poles with steel poles will also help to eliminate bird nesting on the structures. Bird nesting can cause electrical outages
- Rebuilding the transmission line will reduce the quantity of structures by approximately 50%. This will reduce the quantity of ground inspections and will eliminate the inspection/treatment of over 80 wood poles
- Rebuild two single-circuit 115 kV wood H-frame circuits as one double-circuit steel monopole line
- New structures (42) will be tubular steel on concrete drilled pier foundations
- Overall project length is approximately 4 miles (84 existing structures)
- This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes
Left-Click and DRAG Slider Bar to Reveal Existing and Proposed Conditions
View looking southwest. This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes.
Viewpoint Location Map
Construction sequence graphics are intended to provide an overview of the typical construction sequence for a project. These graphics are used to give stakeholders a general idea of what to expect regarding this project’s construction process and effort. This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes.
Harford to Perryman Virtual Public Meeting
Watch the video below to see the virtual community meeting held for the Harford Rd to Perryman project. If you have any questions, please submit them in the comment box below.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact BGE at email@example.com and refer to the Harford to Perryman 115 kV Line Rebuild Project. Please include your name and address for prompt follow-up.